February, 27, 2013
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Checking out some links on a Wednesday.
- The SEC, Big 12 and Pac-12 will electronically track football players' speeds and movements next season.
- Athlon Sports ranks the best coaching jobs in the SEC for 2013.
- Vanderbilt running back Warren Norman is ending his football career because of knee injuries.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen supports the NCAA's new recruiting rules concerning communication with prospects.
- The NFL is the next stop for Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson.
- Alabama's football team was presented the ODK Foy Sportsmanship Trophy Tuesday night.
- Fullback Jay Prosch brings "another dimension" to Auburn's hurry-up, no-huddle offense.
- Former Texas A&M quarterback Jameill Showers is transferring to UTEP, which plays A&M this fall.
- Here's the schedule for Florida coach Will Muschamp's spring speaking tour.
- Seth Emerson of The Macon (Ga.) Telegraph previews Georgia's defense heading into the spring.
- Kentucky is changing its ticket procedure for the spring game.
- Butch Jones will be grand marshal of the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Arkansas offensive line coach Sam Pittman's total compensation was bumped up to $500,000.