Lunchtime links: Are Tuberville and Fulmer next?
October, 14, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Making our daily rounds in the SEC:
- Tony Barnhart of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution wonders if Tommy Tuberville and Phillip Fulmer are the next to go after Tommy Bowden, but Barnhart warns Auburn and Tennessee fans to be careful what they wish for.
- Vanderbilt may bring in a little different running game to test Georgia's defense, which ranks fourth nationally in rushing defense.
- Tailback Richard Murphy may get a longer look in the "Wild Tiger," LSU's version of the direct-snap offense that so many teams are using now.
- Mississippi State and Jackson State will meet in a ground-breaking game next fall, reports Kyle Veazey of the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- Vanderbilt officials say they're not losing Bobby Johnson to anybody and are ready to fight off all potential suitors ... including Clemson.
- Tennessee's running game has gone south in a hurry in a year in which running back depth and the Vols' offensive line were supposed to be strengths.