Lunchtime links: Powe has a score to settle
November, 20, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Taking the Friday temperature from around the SEC:
- Ole Miss defensive tackle Jerrell Powe has a score to settle with loose-lipped LSU, writes David Brandt of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- A civil lawsuit accuses Auburn running back Eric Smith and two other players of assaulting a student during an August incident, reports Jay G. Tate of The Montgomery Advertiser.
- Mississippi State quarterback Tyson Lee has taken his lumps, but keeps on keeping on.
- The Outback Bowl could be in the mix for LSU, writes Randy Rosetta of The Baton Rouge Advocate.
- Former Tennessee quarterback B.J. Coleman gets his shot at the Alabama defense.
- Another Georgia player has a run-in with the law over a driver's license issue.
- Is this the year that Florida defensive coordinator Charlie Strong finally gets a head job?
- Walk-ons could play a key role for Tennessee on Saturday against Vanderbilt.