- Chris Low, ESPN Senior Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has put together his latest "Grade A" draft, in which he presents the best pick for every team in the upcoming NFL draft.
He has 12 SEC players going in the first round, which would tie the record for a conference. The ACC produced 12 first-round selections in 2006.
In Kiper's "Grade A" draft, the first three players to come off the board are from the SEC -- Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner, Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel and Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd.
Below are the 12 SEC players Kiper has being taken in his "Grade A" draft:
1. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama (Lions via a trade with the Chiefs)
2. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M (Jaguars)
3. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida (Raiders)
7. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU (Cardinals)
9. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia (Jets)
11. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama (Browns via a trade with the Chargers)
12. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama (Dolphins)
14. Sheldon Richardson, DE, Missouri (Panthers)
19. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia (Giants)
22. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama (Rams via a trade with Redskins)
23. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (Vikings)
32. Kevin Minter, LB, LSU (Ravens)
1dAlex Scarborough and Greg Ostendorf
2dEdward Aschoff and Greg Ostendorf