SEC lunchtime links
July, 22, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
It's the start of a new week, and sadly it's a week without the thrill of SEC Media Days. But don't shed a tear as the start of fall camps around the league is right around the corner. Here are some links to whet your appetite.
- Auburn had a big week on the recruiting trail, landing the commitment of a 2014 defensive tackle and a junior college tailback who's coach says could make an immediate impact for the Tigers.
- Also, Gus Malzahn says Auburn's wildcat options depend on who wins the starting job at quarterback.
- Alabama isn't ready to hype up its rematch with Texas A&M just yet.
- Teammates say sophomore quarterback Brandon Allen is gaining confidence for his first game under center for the Razorbacks.
- Zach Mettenberger is 'just more loose' heading into his final season at LSU.
- Kevin Sumlin isn't doing anything different to motivate his team for Alabama.
- Jadeveon Clowney said Tajh Boyd was afraid of the South Carolina defensive line. At ACC Media Days, the Clemson quarterback got his chance to respond.
- There's a quarterback competition going on at Kentucky, but none of the candidates are thinking of themselves.
- Tennessee football players will report Aug. 1.
- Hard effort was a good time for the Tennessee Volunteer football team as it went through grueling conditioning this offseason.
- Aaron Murray really is a nice guy, but not all the time. Every once in a while he'll bring out his bad side.