SEC lunchtime links
August, 15, 2013
By David Ching | ESPN.com
We’re at the midway point of preseason practice. Here are some updates from around the SEC.
- It looks like Tennessee is unveiling its new uniforms today.
- New cornerbacks Brendan Langley, Shaq Wiggins and Kennar Johnson made an impact in Georgia’s second spring scrimmage late Wednesday night.
- Florida has been among the nation’s most penalized teams under Will Muschamp. The Gators are looking to cut back on the infractions.
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops likes freshman running back Jojo Kemp’s “pit bull mentality.”
- Backups got a long look and quarterbacks Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson spoke to reporters after South Carolina’s Thursday morning practice.
- Freshmen Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny are in the running for carries behind T.J. Yeldon at Alabama.
- LSU’s Melvin Jones has switched to offense and linebacker Trey Granier has decided to transfer.
- Veterans like quarterback Tyler Russell are helping Mississippi State’s young players catch onto the college game.
- Mike Leach, whose Washington State team will visit Auburn for the season opener, thinks Tigers coach Gus Malzahn will get things turned around at Auburn “pretty quickly.”
- The SEC, Big Ten and Pac-12 will no longer license their trademarks to EA Sports for its NCAA football video game.
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38