SEC lunchtime links
September, 2, 2013
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Happy Labor Day, SEC fans. With the first weekend of SEC football in the books, there's much to analyze and discuss. Here are some links from around the league for your holiday reading pleasure:
- With the season-opening win against Virginia Tech in the rearview mirror and an open date this weekend, is Alabama turning its attention to the Sept. 14 showdown with Texas A&M? Not so fast, say the Tide.
- Looking to place blame on why Georgia lost its season opener to Clemson? The offensive line play might be a place to start.
- After an offseason of building hype, South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney had a pedestrian effort in the Gamecocks' opener. Head coach Steve Spurrier said Clowney has to play better and be aware that everyone is watching him on every play.
- Rice's band wore T-shirts with Johnny Manziel's signature for its game against Texas A&M on Saturday.
- Florida's Mack Brown turned in a solid performance in the Gators' 24-6 win against Toledo on Saturday.
- Kentucky is looking at its loss to Western Kentucky as a wake-up call.
- LSU made a statement with its season-opening win against TCU.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt