Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Here's a roundup from all the scrimmages over the weekend:
- Big plays highlight Alabama's final scrimmage. Junior quarterback Greg McElroy throws for 295 yards and two touchdowns, but also throws two interceptions.
- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino comes out of Saturday's scrimmage feeling good that this offense can be explosive.
- Auburn closes in on finalizing its depth chart in its final scrimmage.
- Junior college newcomer DeQuin Evans shows up all over the place at defensive end in Kentucky's scrimmage.
- LSU freshman Russell Shepard is impressive at several different positions. It looks like the Tigers may throw it to him some and hand it to him some this season.
- Mississippi State uses scrimmage as a dress rehearsal. Even the cheerleaders show up at Scott Field.
- Quarterback Jevan Snead is extremely sharp in Ole Miss' scrimmage. Tight end Gerald Harris pulls his hamstring.
- The defense gets the best of the offense in Saturday's scrimmage, according to South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier. Freshman receiver Alshon Jeffery catches two touchdown passes.
- Tennessee's running game gets into rhythm in Saturday's scrimmage, and Jonathan Crompton takes a big step toward locking down the starting quarterback job.
- Vanderbilt backs off some in Saturday's scrimmage, but coach Bobby Johnson still likes what the Commodores were able to get done.