SEC lunchtime links
November, 13, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
More football? Yes, please. A pair of nine-win teams go head-to-head tonight as Ball State travels to 15th-ranked Northern Illinois.
- For veteran Alabama linebacker Tana Patrick, his forced fumble in the first half against LSU was a long time coming.
- Not many people know his name nationally because of the position he plays, but Auburn fullback Jay Prosch makes Gus Malzahn's offense hum.
- Arkansas won't reach a bowl game and players are disappointed. So what are the Razorbacks playing for? Pride, of course.
- With the way Saturday ended with Alabama's defense beating him up, LSU's Zach Mettenberger should be thankful for the opening week.
- Steve Spurrier doesn't know how the bowl projections look for South Carolina. His focus is solely on getting to the SEC Championship Game.
- Man, has it been a tough month for the Tennessee defense. The Vols have given up 987 yards on the ground the last three games.
- Things in Gainesville, Fla., aren't getting any easier. Florida quarterback Tyler Murphy may miss Saturday's game against South Carolina.
- Rodney Garner left Georgia for Auburn and Chris Wilson replaced him. The move has worked out well for everyone involved.