SEC lunchtime links
November, 22, 2013
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
It's Friday, which means only a day until game day. Thank goodness. Here's some reading from around the league to get you ready:
- Alabama has its senior day on Saturday and there might not be a tighter trio than the one that connects the Alabama passing game between quarterback A.J. McCarron and receivers Kenny Bell and Kevin Norwood.
- Auburn middle linebacker Jake Holland looks to build on the strong outing he had against Georgia, one where he thought he might have stopped Aaron Murray short of the goal line on Murray's late touchdown.
- Missouri defensive end Michael Sam has been one of the nation's best and he's beginning to get some recognition, being named a finalist for the Nagurski Trophy and the Lombardi Award.
- After a breakout game against Florida, South Carolina's Shon Carson will get his first career start at running back on Saturday for the Gamecocks vs. Coastal Carolina.
- Johnny Manziel's ride at Texas A&M has been an eventful one, but his days with the program could be numbered with the carrot of the 2014 NFL draft dangling in front of him.
- When LSU hosts Texas A&M on Saturday, we could see a shootout in Death Valley.
- The Ole Miss offensive line will be tested by a talented Missouri defensive front on Saturday.
- Arkansas freshman running back Alex Collins needs just 54 yards to become the second true freshman in Razorbacks history to reach 1,000.
- Kentucky suspended three key players, one indefinitely, before its game at Georgia.
- Mississippi State has struggled on third-and-short situations in recent weeks, but the Bulldogs look to reverse that trend.
- Vanderbilt's defense, and particularly its defensive line, will be a key for the Commodores when they face Tennessee.
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama