SEC lunchtime links
December, 16, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Yes, it's Monday and we've survived the Heisman Trophy, Maxwell Award and everything in between. Maybe we can move on to the matter at hand: bowl season.
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron had a whirlwind weekend that culminated in the Heisman Trophy ceremonies in New York. Also, take a look at a social media scrapbook detailing the three-city tour.
- What's next for Auburn running back Tre Mason? After finishing sixth in Heisman voting, he's thinking of the national championship and not the NFL.
- Aaron Murray says, "It was almost like I didn't say goodbye." Georgia's quarterback won't be on the field for his team's bowl game, but he does expect to be back in Athens for the Bulldogs' Pro Day.
- With a shot at a second straight Heisman now over, we begin looking at the lasting impact of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. It's safe to say his legacy will last well beyond his playing days.
- Steve Spurrier says his South Carolina team has, "No difficulty getting up for bowl games." That's good because Monday's first practice marks the first of the bowl season and all attention must be turned to Wisconsin.
- There wasn't a thing on the football field that LSU's Odell Beckham Jr. couldn't do. In addition to being a stellar receiver, he was one of the best return specialists in the SEC. And in case you missed it, he was recognized as such on Friday when he won the Paul Hornung Award for versatility.
- Get prepared for the Liberty Bowl with these Mississippi State talking points. Can the Bulldogs carry over some defensive momentum?
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama