SEC's lunch links
February, 10, 2014
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
What a historic moment from former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam. Hats off to one of the SEC's best players in 2013.
- Sam goes from football star to pioneer, writes Sam Mellinger of The Kansas City Star.
- Sam, his teammates and coaches prove that gay athletes shouldn't have to choose secrecy, writes Joe Walljasper of the Columbia Daily Tribune.
- Former Alabama punter Cody Mandell supports "courageous" Michael Sam.
- Mississippi State tight end Rufus Warren tweets that he looks "down on gay football players."
- Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson and defensive lineman Danny O'Brien were arrested on alcohol-related charges and resisting arrest.
- Tennessee graduate assistant Cody Kempt has been hired at Montana State.
- Dwight Collins of The Gainesville Sun, gives us a quick pre-spring practice perspective in the SEC.
- Check out where each SEC team got its 2014 signees.
- ESPN 300 wide receiver Cameron Sims of Monroe, La., was one of the first Louisiana-based dominoes to fall Alabama's way for its 2014 class.
- Auburn is looking to restock along the offensive line in its next recruiting cycle.
- Auburn signee Kalvaraz Bessent was arrested on marijuana-related felony charges on Friday.
- Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner overcomes negative recruiting to flip Georgia recruit Dontavius Russell.
- Georgia defense's defense will be "varied" and "multiple" under new coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.
- Utah quarterback coach Brian Johnson is expected to join Mississippi State's staff.
- Kentucky's webcast raises the bar for the Wildcats' 2015 signing day.
- Recruiting rankings mean nothing to Arkansas' coaching staff.
- Clemson might win recruiting battles, but South Carolina wins on the field.
- ESPN 300 defensive back Quincy Wilson's commitment to Florida was solid from the beginning.
- With transfer offensive tackle Christian Morris undergoing surgery to repair an injured Achilles, Ole Miss is now searching for a right tackle this spring.
- How much did former Vanderbilt head coach James Franklin hurt the Commodores' 2014 recruiting class?