SEC lunchtime links
March, 31, 2014
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
We hope you're grabbing a late lunch and can catch up on the goings on around the SEC. Unfortunately we slept in a bit -- we blame the weekend's fantastic college basketball action -- and we're running just a touch behind. So without further delay, here's some reading material for your day.
- Spring break is over at Alabama. The Crimson Tide get back to work today on rebuilding a team with its fair share of question marks.
- Arkansas was spoiled to have someone like Kiero Small at fullback last season. Now Bret Bielema and his staff are turning toward Kody Walker to see if he can handle the position.
- Angelo Blackson had the look of a difference maker heading into last season, but his play dwindled as the year went along. Now facing his final year of eligibility, he's looking to work his way back into the rotation on the defensive line for Auburn.
- Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper is more than pleased to have Jeff Driskel at quarterback. In fact, the coach said it was the "luck of the draw" to get him under center.
- Reggie Davis is all in on football, not track this spring. The speedy Georgia wideout could make a difference in more areas than one.
- A "hard-hitting" scrimmage has LSU ready for next week's spring game. Les Miles didn't release the quarterbacks' stats, but there were four touchdown passes thrown.
- Find out what Dan Mullen and quarterback Dak Prescott had to say about Mississippi State's first scrimmage of the spring. Check out some stats while you're there.
- Besides the turnovers, Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace says the offense took advantage of the defense and "kicked their butt all day" during the scrimmage.