SEC's lunchtime links
April, 4, 2014
By David Ching | ESPN.com
LSU and Ole Miss will hold their spring games on Saturday, with six more teams set to play their games next Saturday. As spring practice winds to a close at many of the schools around the conference, let's take a look at some of today's headlines.
- Florida defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin said linebacker Daniel McMillian is one of the Gators' most improved defenders this spring.
- J.J. Green worked with Georgia's first-team defense at safety on Thursday, but he said afterward not to read much into that position switch. He has already played corner and nickelback after switching from tailback since last season.
- Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith said Saturday's scrimmage will help the coaches gauge the team's football IQ.
- On an Auburn team that prides itself on being fast, being labeled as the Tigers' speed guy surely has its benefits for Corey Grant.
- Young cornerbacks Rashard Robinson and Tre'Davious White are learning quickly at LSU.
- Back from shoulder surgery, Nick Perry wants to leave his mark in Alabama's secondary.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen told reporters that he expects his team's young players to improve their level of dedication off the field (video).
- Newcomers such as running back Jalen Hurd and receiver Josh Malone are already adding explosiveness to Tennessee's offense.
- Vanderbilt athletic director David Williams and coach Derek Mason were among the dignitaries who announced Thursday that the Commodores' SEC opener this fall will be played at Nashville's LP Field.
- Running back Tra Carson is wrapping up what has been a solid spring at Texas A&M.
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee