Lunchtime links: Austin in play at Cornell
January, 26, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
A check of what's making headlines in the SEC:
- Ole Miss offensive coordinator Kent Austin is one of the top candidates for the Cornell head coaching job, reports David Brandt of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- Defensive end Carlos Thompson, one of the top two or three prospects in the state of Mississippi, will chose this week between Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
- Ray Melick of The Birmingham News wonders if Nicki Meyer will ever get her daddy back.
- A national coalition of women's groups is urging CBS to scrap an advertisement featuring Tim Tebow during the Super Bowl which is likely to include an anti-abortion message.
- Nick Reveiz, who lost most of last season to a knee injury, is on his way back to Tennessee's lineup, writes Austin Ward of The Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Holding onto a pair of key commitments will be what's important for Vanderbilt on signing day, writes Jeff Lockridge of The Tennessean.
- LSU's picking up the pace on Louisiana commitments, writes Scott Hotard of The Baton Rouge Advocate.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec