Lunchtime links: Savage gets another shot
February, 11, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Checking on what's making headlines around the SEC:
- Auburn's Aairon Savage fights for another chance to play football after getting a sixth year of eligibility, writes Andy Bitter of The Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer.
- The Nick Saban Rule comes back to bite Will Muschamp, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Alabama looks to add a second Kouandjio in the 2011 signing class, writes Gentry Estes of The Mobile Press-Register.
- Former Tennessee defensive back Brent Vinson is arrested as part of a murder investigation.
- Plans are in the works at Florida for three bronze life-sized statues of the Gators' Heisman Trophy winners -- Steve Spurrier, Danny Wuerffel and Tim Tebow.
- Tebow will be in Daytona to give the command for drivers to start their engines in the first of two qualifying races for the Daytona 500.
- Authorities have charged a Mississippi State student with assault for hitting another student with a cowbell after the Egg Bowl win over Ole Miss in November.
- New Georgia linebackers coach Warren Belin received a one-year contract and will earn $190,000. Belin comes to Georgia from Vanderbilt.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec