Lunchtime links: Austin joins Gators
February, 12, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Here are a few SEC links for your viewing pleasure:
- Florida has come to terms with Arizona Cardinals secondary coach Teryl Austin to be the Gators' next defensive coordinator, reports Jeremy Fowler of The Orlando Sentinel.
- Ellis Johnson's future points to Columbia after being locked up through 2013 with a new contract that will pay him $700,000 per year. His raise comes after new Tennessee coach Derek Dooley offered him $800,000 per year to be the Vols' defensive coordinator.
- Tennessee intern Steve Rubio is linked to major recruiting violations at Central Florida.
- Ed Marynowitz, Alabama's director of player personnel, was also involved in the major recruiting violations that led to Central Florida being placed on two years of NCAA probation.
- Former Tennessee offensive lineman Daryle Smith, who was a member of the 1985 SEC championship team, died Thursday at the age of 46.
- Gentry Estes of The Mobile Press-Register takes a look at the latest proposed rules changes for college football.