Lunchtime links: Brantley's dad battling cancer
February, 26, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
A check of what's making headlines in the SEC:
- Florida quarterback John Brantley says his father is battling prostate cancer and will undergo surgery in March, reports David Jones of Florida Today.
- Georgia's offensive coaches are feeling the heat, too, writes Tim Tucker of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- The system and Nick Saban give Alabama players an edge in the NFL, writes Don Kausler Jr. of The Birmingham News.
- Evan Woodbery of The Mobile Press-Register weighs in on freshman quarterback Tyrik Rollison's apparent departure.
- LSU's Les Miles has the running game on his brain, writes Glenn Guilbeau of Gannett Louisiana Newspapers.
- Tennessee's athletic department drug policy is going back to three strikes. Previously, it was four strikes before a Vols' athlete was automatically dismissed for a positive marijuana test.
12:00 PM ET Louisiana-Monroe Texas A&M 3:30 PM ET Florida 11 Georgia 4:00 PM ET Kentucky Missouri 7:00 PM ET 3 Auburn 4 Ole Miss 7:00 PM ET Old Dominion Vanderbilt 7:15 PM ET Arkansas 1 Mississippi State 7:30 PM ET Tennessee South Carolina