Lunchtime links: Richt aware of report
April, 2, 2010
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Some SEC links to wrap up the week with:
- Georgia coach Mark Richt is aware of the police report that's out there and the allegations that some of the Bulldogs' football players threatened and hit a couple in a taxi cab last weekend.
- Don Kausler Jr. has a touching story about Alabama defensive end Marcell Dareus and all he's overcome in his life to get to this point.
- The bronze statue of Nick Saban is coming to Alabama's Walk of Champions plaza in August.
- Ole Miss safety Tig Barksdale has been suspended from the team for the rest of the spring, and coach Houston Nutt said Barksdale's future with the program is in jeopardy.
- There's no indication that running back Bryce Brown will rejoin on Tennessee's team, and it doesn't sound like he would be welcomed back by some of the players.
- Ellis Johnson, South Carolina's assistant head coach for the defense, looks past all the hype, writes Joseph Person of The State newspaper.
- Brandon Marcello of The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette chats with first-year defensive ends coach Steve Caldwell.