Friday, July 16, 2010
SEC's lunchtime links
By Heather Dinich
Filling in for C-low today ...
- There's at least one person who doesn't think Mark Richt deserves to be on the hot seat this season, and it's Vince Dooley.
- LSU reserve fullback Dominique Allen has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
- Vanderbilt's players deserved better than what they got from Bobby Johnson, writes Steve Irvine.
- Nick Saban was saddened by Johnson's retirement and said he did a "fantastic job" there, even if "the overall record doesn't indicate it." Was that a compliment?
- Saban was at his best on Thursday at a coaching clinic where he had a crowd of high school coaches "mesmerized."
- No, no, not that James Wilder. The fake one!
- There was a lot of optimism surrounding Mississippi State on Thursday, and Dan Mullen's high expectations are a big reason why.
- Ole Miss running back Rodney Scott was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace.
- Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett is amused by all the fuss over his foot.