Thursday, February 14, 2013
The SEC's top returning triumvirates
By Chris Low
Who returns the top passing, rushing and receiving triumvirate next season in the SEC?
The numbers would suggest Alabama.
The Crimson Tide are the only team in the league that returns a quarterback who passed for 2,000 yards, a running back who rushed for 1,000 yards and a receiver or tight end who had 1,000 yards in receptions.
In fact, quarterback AJ McCarron was 67 yards away from 3,000 passing yards.
Now, if you count Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel as a passer and a rusher, the Aggies are the only team in the league that return a 3,000-yard passer, 1,000-yard rusher and 1,000-yard receiver.
Below is a look at the top 5 returning triumvirates statistically:
- Quarterback AJ McCarron -- 2,933 yards, 30 touchdowns, three interceptions
- Running back T.J. Yeldon -- 1,108 yards and 12 touchdowns
- Wide receiver Amari Cooper --1,000 yards and 11 touchdowns
- Quarterback Johnny Manziel -- 3,706 yards, 26 touchdowns, nine interceptions
- Running back Ben Malena -- 808 yards and eight touchdowns
- Wide receiver Mike Evans -- 1,105 yards and five touchdowns
- Quarterback Bo Wallace -- 2,994 yards, 22 touchdowns, 17 interceptions
- Running back Jeff Scott -- 846 yards and six touchdowns
- Wide receiver Donte Moncrief -- 979 yards and 10 touchdowns