Monday, April 15, 2013
Ten SEC players invited to NFL draft
By Edward Aschoff
Next week's NFL draft could be a special one for the SEC.
If you check recent mock drafts from ESPN draft experts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay , the SEC could be in for a record first day in New York City. Kiper's recent mock draft has a record 13 SEC players being drafted in the first round and 21 going within the first two rounds. McShay has 11 SEC players going in the first round.
Here's a look at the 10 SEC players who were invited to next week's draft, which will be televised on ESPN on April 25 at 8 p.m. ET.
- Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
- Eric Reid, S, LSU
- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
- Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Surprisingly, Georgia linebackers Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree, who are both projected to be first-round draft picks, didn't make the list.