Tuesday, November 12, 2013
SEC lunchtime links
By Alex Scarborough
Hungry for football already? Remember that Ohio takes on Bowling Green and Buffalo goes toe-to-toe with Toledo tonight.
- You've probably already seen the video piece where AJ McCarron provides dinner to his offensive linemen. Well, even after being sacked once by LSU, the meal's still on Alabama's veteran quarterback.
- Auburn's defense has seen enough of Aaron Murray to respect what he can do come Saturday when the Tigers take on Georgia in the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.
- With Missouri's James Franklin expected back next weekend, Maty Mauk aced his final exam against Kentucky.
- Florida's Will Muschamp has been around the game long enough to know that pressure is a part of the job.
- Mississippi State, still switching gears after facing Johnny Manziel, will face a very different challenge in the top-ranked Crimson Tide.
- Even through some pretty lopsided defeats, Kentucky's Mark Stoops says there's hope. Turnarounds similar to the one he wants to make in Lexington, he says, have happened before.
- Imagine the amount of time Mark Richt has spent talking injuries with his medical staff this season. This week Georgia hopes to trade one injured tight end for another, while adding a receiver in the process.
- Florida is trying to regroup after a "emotional letdown" and turn the page to South Carolina.
- Kevin Sumlin could come out with a strong statement and put to rest the speculation that he'll go to Southern Cal, but that's not how the game is played anymore.