Thursday, December 26, 2013
SEC lunchtime links
By Sam Khan Jr.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and some quality time with family and friends during the holiday. To get you back into the football mood, let's take a look at some of the headlines from around the league:
- Missouri senior defensive lineman Marvin Foster has never started and injuries have repeatedly interrupted his college career. That hasn't stopped "Big Marv" from becoming the heartbeat of the Tigers, someone receiver L'Damian Washington called "the spirit of this team."
- In case you missed it, it's official: Florida has found its next offensive coordinator and it's Duke's Kurt Roper.
- Counting down the top plays from LSU's season, NOLA.com ranks Anthony Jennings' game-winning touchdown pass to Travis Dural against Arkansas as No. 2.
- A Q&A with Arkansas coach Bret Bielema, who is coming off a difficult first season in Fayetteville, Ark., where the Razorbacks went 3-9.
- A look at four-star quarterback David Cornwell, who played his final high school season in Norman, Okla. (home of the Oklahoma Sooners) but is committed to the Sooners' opponent in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Alabama.
- The top moment in SEC champion Auburn's 2013 season? Easy. It's the "Kick Six."
- Ranking South Carolina's five best bowl wins and five worst bowl losses.
- With senior Austyn Carta-Samuels undergoing knee surgery and expected to miss the BBVA Compass Bowl, the transition to freshman quarterback Patton Robinette -- who played in place of an injured Carta-Samuels several times this season -- is officially underway.