Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Kentucky's Conner participating in Senior Bowl
By ESPN.com staff
I wanted to make sure I pointed out that Kentucky fullback John Conner is also playing in the Senior Bowl. He was a late addition.
The 5-foot-11, 240-pound Conner is an outstanding blocker and would fit in nicely with any team that still uses the fullback a lot. He's athletic enough to catch the ball and has more than held his own during the first two days of practice.
Four of the five running backs playing on the South team are from the SEC. Mississippi State's Anthony Dixon, Auburn's Ben Tate and Alabama's Roy Upchurch are also on the active roster.
Dixon weighed in at 245 pounds, but it wasn't a flabby 245 pounds. Scouts were impressed with his solid build, and he's also going to get some work at fullback this week.
Here are the official heights and weights of SEC players who were present for the weigh-in:
- Javier Arenas CB Alabama 5-8.5/195
- Geno Atkins DT Georgia 6-1.3/286
- Ciron Black OT LSU 6-4.5/331
- Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State 6-0.6/241
- Terrence Cody NG Alabama 6-4/370
- Antonio Coleman DE Auburn 6-1.5/255
- Harry Coleman SS LSU 6-1.4/206
- Riley Cooper WR Florida 6-3.4/214
- Morgan Cox DS Tennessee 6-2.6/248
- Anthony Dixon RB Mississippi State 6-0.6/245
- Shay Hodge WR Ole Miss 6-1.3/208
- John Jerry OG Ole Miss 6-5.4/332
- Mike Johnson OG Alabama 6-5.3/306
- Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky 5-11.1/178
- Dexter McCluster RB Ole Miss 5-8.1/165
- Eric Norwood OLB South Carolina 6-0.7/246
- Jeff Owens DT Georgia 6-1.2/304
- Colin Peek TE Alabama 6-5.4/250
- Mitch Petrus OG Arkansas 6-3.1/304
- Charles Scott RB LSU 5-11.3/239
- Ben Tate RB Auburn 5-10.7/214
- Tim Tebow QB Florida 6-2.6/236
- Leigh Tiffin K Alabama 6-0.1/198
- Roy Upchurch RB Alabama 5-11.7/210
- Dan Williams DT Tennessee 6-2.2/329