Friday, March 5, 2010
Lunchtime links: Tide's Milliner right on time
By Chris Low
A check of what's making headlines around the SEC:
- The early arrival of freshman DeMarcus Milliner is right on time for Alabama's secondary, writes Gentry Estes of The Mobile Press-Register.
- Ole Miss defensive coordinator Tyrone Nix, who was wooed by Florida coach Urban Meyer this past offseason, will make $500,000 per year under his new contract at Ole Miss, reports David Brandt of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- Two counts of criminal mischief are filed against former Florida defensive back Wondy Pierre-Louis for a January incident involving his girlfriend, reports David Jones of Florida Today.
- Mississippi State lost seven of its 56 official visits this calendar year as a result of violations that occurred when recruits visited a strip club back in January, reports Kyle Veazey of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- South Carolina opens the spring with a spring in its step, writes Joseph Person of The State newspaper.
- Georgia's quarterbacks split up the first-team reps in the Bulldogs' first practice, writes Marc Weiszer of The Athens Banner-Herald.
- The NFL combine isn't always the truest measuring stick, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.