SEC: Andrew Butcher
January, 2, 2015
By derektyson | ESPN Insider
Coach Butch Jones has done a tremendous job of recruiting in his first few years on the job at Tennessee. The Vols finished with a top-five class last year and are on pace for a top-10 class this season, as well. The Volunteers, who currently have the sixth-ranked recruiting class in the country, have 26 commitments, including nine who rank among the ESPN 300.
Alabama might be focusing on their potential starting quarterback this season (Jacob Coker) but one of the Tide's future signal-callers had a great week in Beaverton, Oregon, as 2015 ESPN 300 quarterback Blake Barnett, a Tide commit, was named Elite 11 MVP on Thursday. But one Tennessee commit isn't hearing it about Alabama commits. That and much more good stuff in today's lunch links:
- The Alabama-Tennessee rivalry appears to be alive and well in the mind of at least one recruit. ESPN 300 defensive end Andrew Butcher, who is committed to Tennessee, tweeted that he "can't wait" to beat Alabama with his fellow 2015 recruits. The tweet has since been deleted.
- This season, a new era begins. The College Football Playoff will make its debut. On Friday, the website for the playoff officially launched.
- And if you're wondering what the championship trophy will look like, we'll find out on Monday, July 14 (just in time for SEC media days). Here's a teaser video about the trophy.
- Here is a Q&A with new Missouri strength and conditioning coach Matt Herring.
- A look at the possible effect Missouri's new offensive line coach, A.J. Ricker, could have on the Tigers.
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott is one of many heading to the Manning Passing Academy. Here's a Q&A with him.
- If you've seen Georgia receiver Chris Conley's cool Star Wars fan film, here are one writer's "top 10 moments" from the film. If you haven't seen it, be warned, there are spoilers.
- Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley appeared on "The Paul Finebaum Show" recently and voiced his support for head coach Will Muschamp.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin recently toured Kyle Field, which is in the middle of a $450 million upgrade and said, "We're building the finest football facility in America."
November, 4, 2013
By Derek Tyson | ESPN Insider
As always, there was a lot of news around the SEC over the weekend. There were some record-setting performances and some important visits. Here’s a closer look at some of the top recruiting storylines in the SEC from this weekend.
Best weekend performances: Several SEC committed prospects put up ridiculous numbers. Here's a look at some of the top weekend performances
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec