SEC: Ashton Richardson
The weekend is so close I can taste it. But let's chow down on some lunch links first.
- The NCAA hits Tennessee football with additional penalties tied to Willie Mack Garza.
- An old Vanderbilt coach sees a new day for the Commodores.
- Johnny Manziel's Heisman campaign is finally up and running.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier can join Bear Bryant in the SEC record books with a win Saturday.
- Ole Miss is looking to bounce back with a big win at LSU.
- Young receivers are emerging for Missouri's offense.
- Trends clash when Mississippi State meets Arkansas this weekend.
- Jim Kleinpeter of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reminisces about Tiger Stadium and the sound explosion in the 1972 LSU win over Ole Miss.
- Mark Story of the Lexington Herald-Leader wonders if Bill Cowher is the Bill Parcells of the current Kentucky coaching search.
- A surprise player is emerging at Georgia's backup quarterback spot.
- Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is having fun at Florida.
- Auburn linebacker Ashton Richardson really embraces his role as a student-athlete and has his sights set on the Rhodes Scholarship interview.
- Bobby Humphrey likes what he sees from Alabama running back T.J. Yeldon.
It's time to check out some SEC links on a Tuesday.
- Randy Rosetta of The New Orleans Times-Picayune takes a look at LSU's linebackers vs. Alabama's running backs and tight ends.
- LSU offensive lineman Josh Williford may return to the Tigers' lineup.
- On offense and defense, Alabama is doing better than LSU in the red zone this season.
- Arkansas tight end Chris Gragg and running back Knile Davis are out for the Tulsa game.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin is ready to take on Florida.
- Gene Sapakoff of The Charleston Post and Courier writes that hopefully Marcus Lattimore's next touchdown is in the NFL.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze awaits the right time to crank up the tempo.
- Georgia's players are trying to keep their emotions high without drawing penalties.
- Florida is looking to take care of business by putting the Georgia loss in the rearview.
- Mississippi State enters a pretty tough month of November.
- Auburn linebacker Ashton Richardson was named a Rhodes Scholar Finalist.
- Krystal's message to Auburn's football team: "Go Tigers Beat Somebody."
- Tennessee's players may buy into the "second season" but it might not work with fans.
- Kentucky coach Joker Phillips shrugs off "hot seat" talk.