SEC: Dante Phillips
Getting some links in before the storm clouds come through Atlanta ...
- The SEC will try wireless communication for football officials this fall.
- Missouri backup quarterback Ashton Glaser is transferring to Missouri State.
- Auburn is set to play Idaho in 2015.
- Can Missouri's defense hang with the SEC's best in 2012?
- Georgia linebacker Brandon Burrows decides to return to the team after announcing he would transfer last week.
- South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore checks in at No. 7 on The Gainesville Sun's countdown of the league's top 25 players for the 2012 season.
- Preseason publications continue to praise LSU's 2012 football team.
- Florida defensive tackle signee Dante Phillips loses UF admissions appeal.
- Connor Mitch is projected as South Carolina's quarterback of the future.
- Ole Miss is facing a tougher sell on season tickets for football.
Making the rounds on a Monday:
- Top Florida defensive tackle signee Dante Phillips has been denied admission to the university, according to his stepfather.
- Missouri and Texas A&M know what they're getting into, writes Tommy Hicks of The Mobile Press-Register.
- Stephanie Pederson of The Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer wonders if Isaiah Crowell made the wrong decision by going to Georgia over Alabama.
- Maybe Crowell will finally listen to some advice, the latest coming from Brentson Buckner.
- Dave Matter of The Columbia (Mo.) Tribune takes a look at those people in the SEC this season faced with filling the biggest shoes.
- Now a part of the SEC, Texas A&M aims to reinvent itself as a national brand.
- Texas A&M heads to a better home, writes Beau Holder of TexAgs.com.
- Once himself a Tennessee tailback, Jay Graham is getting to know his guys in the Vols' backfield.
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron is continuing to develop both on and off the field.
- The table is set for an early run this season for Mississippi State.
- A brutal schedule awaits Hugh Freeze in his first season at Ole Miss.
- Auburn lands a commitment from one of the top-rated kickers in the country -- Daniel Carlson of Colorado Springs, Col.