SEC: Decory Bryant
February, 24, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Checking on what's making headlines around the SEC:
- Former Alabama linebackers Eryk Anders and Zeke Knight are taking different paths to the NFL, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- It's not Urban Meyer's job to make Tim Tebow NFL-ready, writes Mike Bianchi of The Orlando Sentinel.
- Former South Carolina defensive lineman Clifton Geathers is out to prove his brand-name skills at the NFL combine.
- South Carolina's Chris Culliver and Akeem Auguste will swap positions in the defensive backfield this spring.
- Former Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin doesn't agree with Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton's assertion that Kiffin wasn't a good cultural fit for Tennessee.
- Ole Miss students vote by a nearly 3-to-1 count for a new on-field mascot to replace Colonel Reb.
- Georgia settles a lawsuit with former player Decory Bryant out of court and will pay Bryant a $400,000 settlement.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt