SEC: DJ Hall
It's the Friday version of SEC lunch links:
- Auburn's Onterio McCalebb is displaying more durability in Year 2.
- Former Tennessee running back Bryce Brown cites depression as one of the reasons he wanted a release and says that he didn't fit in with the other players.
- Florida coach Urban Meyer says quarterback John Brantley is good to go for Saturday's game against LSU. Running back Jeff Demps will also play, but won't be 100 percent with a sprained foot.
- Alabama's defense inside the red zone is a dead zone for opposing teams.
- Alabama's all-time leading receiver, DJ Hall, was one of two former Crimson Tide players arrested Wednesday in Tuscaloosa on drug charges.
- Mark Bradley of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution takes a glass-half-full stance and examines how Georgia might still win the SEC East.
- Kentucky's goal is to bring down the big guy -- Auburn quarterback Cameron Newton.
- LSU fans recall their wide gamut of emotions at the end of last week's 16-14 win over Tennessee.
- Mississippi State defensive coordinator Manny Diaz knows better than to misjudge Houston's short-handed offense.
Halftime 3 Ole Miss 7 24 LSU 3 Halftime South Carolina 21 5 Auburn 21 2:43 2nd Qtr 4 Alabama 27 Tennessee 7 Final UAB 17 Arkansas 45 Final 1 Mississippi State 45 Kentucky 31 Final Vanderbilt 14 Missouri 24