SEC: Gaston Miller
August, 13, 2009
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A quick check of what's making headlines in the SEC:
- Georgia's Richard Samuel rushes for 108 yards and two touchdowns in Wednesday's scrimmage to state his case for the Bulldogs' starting tailback job.
- Mississippi State offensive guard Tobias Smith, a projected starter, will miss at least four weeks after undergoing a procedure to repair a torn ligament in his ankle.
- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino mixes it up at linebacker and sends a message that all jobs are up for grabs.
- Despite all the accolades coming his way, South Carolina freshman cornerback Stephon Gilmore stays grounded.
- Junior college newcomer Nick Fairley is working with the first team at defensive tackle for Auburn.
- Florida's Chris Rainey has gained 12 pounds, and his role in the Gators' offense will be expanding this season.
- Gaston Miller hopes to become a fixture for Vanderbilt on special teams, including returning a few kicks.