SEC: Grant Freeman
We're bouncing around the league to find out what teams are up to as classes get underway.
- John DeShazier of The New Orleans Times-Picayune writes that with the recent off-the-field issues with the Tigers, LSU is stumbling into the season opener against Oregon.
- After all the hype and talk surrounding junior college transfer John Jenkins, it is Kwame Geathers who is making the most noise at Georgia's noseguard position.
- With some help from a scientific study, Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News writes that the state of Alabama belongs to the Tide and Auburn is just living in it.
- Former Florida quarterback Danny Wuerffel is still struggling with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which he contracted in June.
- Demetruce McNeal is improving inside of Auburn's new-look secondary.
- Fifth-year offensive lineman Grant Freeman is ready for a starting job at Arkansas.
- Kentucky's running back group is looking to fill the playmaking void on offense.
- Vanderbilt punter Richard Kent would actually prefer less playing time this fall.
- Brad Locke of The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal has your guide to covert cowbell operations for the Mississippi State season.
- Freshman Jadeveon Clowney is improving every day at practice.
- Florida's secondary still needs work now that preseason camp is over.
- Tight end depth is a concern at Tennessee.
- Ole Miss' freshman linebackers are in the spotlight heading into the season.