SEC: John Jeknins
A look at what's making headlines in the SEC:
- There's no more hot seat for Georgia's Mark Richt and LSU's Les Miles.
- Georgia president Michael Adams would be surprised if Richt weren't the Bulldogs' coach next season.
- Georgia nose guard John Jenkins is growing with each game.
- Former Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain is arrested after being accused of putting a gun to somebody's head and then discharging the weapon.
- It's no time to panic for the Auburn Tigers despite their 7-5 record, writes Joel Erickson of The Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer.
- Tennessee coach Derek Dooley can't ignore his own role in the Vols' collapse, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- Vanderbilt is set to announce a new contract for coach James Franklin, Jeff Lockridge of The Tennessean reports.
- Quay Evans, one of the top defensive tackle prospects in the country, commits to Mississippi State. Evans, who's from Morton, Miss., is ranked as the No. 7 tackle prospect nationally by ESPN.
- It just got more difficult recruiting the state of Florida with Urban Meyer at Ohio State, writes Chris Hays of The Orlando Sentinel.
- Arkansas offensive coordinator Garrick McGee and Auburn running backs coach Curtis Luper are finalists for the UAB head coaching job, reports Steve Irvine of The Birmingham News.