SEC: Jonathan Dowling
Scanning the SEC for football news:
- Georgia should stick with Mark Richt as its football coach, writes Tony Barnhart of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Did Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham give Florida kicker Chas Henry the choke sign? Looking at the video, it appears he might have ... four times.
- Kentucky hasn't been able to get over the hump this season, writes John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Tennessee freshman defensive end Jacques Smith, arrested over the weekend on an assault charge, apologizes to his his teammates.
- Florida freshman safety Jonathan Dowling has been dismissed from the team, the third player from the Gators' 2010 signing class that has departed.
- South Carolina picks up a commitment from offensive tackle Brandon Shell, the nephew of former Oakland Raiders Hall of Famer Art Shell. Shell picked the Gamecocks over the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia and Miami.
- After what happened against Jacksonville State to open the season, Ole Miss won't have any trouble getting ready for Louisiana-Lafayette.
- Unheralded nose guard Zach Clayton is also making a name for himself in the middle of Auburn's defensive line.
- Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy is one step closer to being a Rhodes Scholar.
- Alabama is the rivalry that counts for LSU, writes Glenn Guilbeau of Gannett Louisiana News.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec