SEC: LaMarcus Coker
December, 29, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Checking on what's making headlines around the SEC:
- Bryan Mullen of The Tennessean has an excellent piece on former Tennessee running back LaMarcus Coker fighting his way back from drug problems.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says Urban Meyer needs a hobby and invites the Florida coach to tee it up with him.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban weighs in on the stress of the job ... in a light-hearted way.
- Tennessee two-time All-American safety Eric Berry has made up his mind, but will wait until after the Chick-fil-A Bowl to announce his NFL plans.
- Ole Miss quarterback Jevan Snead should stay put for his senior season, writes Rick Cleveland of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- LSU offensive tackle Joe Barksdale explains the tweet that went out right before Christmas saying he was unhappy at LSU and says somebody else did it using his account.
- Georgia's Rennie Curran and Reshad Jones are still weighing their options concerning the NFL draft.
- Kentucky coach Rich Brooks has done it the right way, writes Mark Story of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Every time Arkansas has played in the Liberty Bowl, the SEC team has won. The Hogs hope that trend continues.
Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37 Final 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 30 Final Western Carolina 14 1 Alabama 48 Final Samford 7 14 Auburn 31 Final 20 Missouri 29 Tennessee 21 Final Vanderbilt 0 4 Mississippi State 51