SEC: Matt Herring
Alabama might be focusing on their potential starting quarterback this season (Jacob Coker) but one of the Tide's future signal-callers had a great week in Beaverton, Oregon, as 2015 ESPN 300 quarterback Blake Barnett, a Tide commit, was named Elite 11 MVP on Thursday. But one Tennessee commit isn't hearing it about Alabama commits. That and much more good stuff in today's lunch links:
- The Alabama-Tennessee rivalry appears to be alive and well in the mind of at least one recruit. ESPN 300 defensive end Andrew Butcher, who is committed to Tennessee, tweeted that he "can't wait" to beat Alabama with his fellow 2015 recruits. The tweet has since been deleted.
- This season, a new era begins. The College Football Playoff will make its debut. On Friday, the website for the playoff officially launched.
- And if you're wondering what the championship trophy will look like, we'll find out on Monday, July 14 (just in time for SEC media days). Here's a teaser video about the trophy.
- Here is a Q&A with new Missouri strength and conditioning coach Matt Herring.
- A look at the possible effect Missouri's new offensive line coach, A.J. Ricker, could have on the Tigers.
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott is one of many heading to the Manning Passing Academy. Here's a Q&A with him.
- If you've seen Georgia receiver Chris Conley's cool Star Wars fan film, here are one writer's "top 10 moments" from the film. If you haven't seen it, be warned, there are spoilers.
- Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley appeared on "The Paul Finebaum Show" recently and voiced his support for head coach Will Muschamp.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin recently toured Kyle Field, which is in the middle of a $450 million upgrade and said, "We're building the finest football facility in America."
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt