SEC: Mike Ekeler
Let's take a quick spin through the headlines from across the SEC:
- New Georgia assistant coach Mike Ekeler wrote a letter thanking his many friends in the Nebraska program (among others) who helped him land a job on Mark Richt's staff.
- Matt Hayes of the Sporting News writes that conspiracy theories related to Nick Saban's alleged fears over up-tempo offenses are ridiculous.
- Auburn has several vacancies on its support staff after five analysts left for other jobs during the offseason.
- Jeremy Darveau will join Florida's staff as assistant offensive line coach.
- It appears as though Kentucky assistant Bradley Dale Peveto will return to LSU, where he was previously an assistant coach under Les Miles for four seasons.
- Ole Miss' Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche are among the Ole Miss athletes being sued for $2 million in relation to a fight at a fraternity party last year.
- Police dropped charges against Auburn signee Kalvaraz Bessent, but coach Gus Malzahn said he hasn't decided on how to proceed with Bessent.
- Malzahn said Tuesday that the proposed NCAA rules change aimed at slowing down hurry-up offenses would “change the dynamics of football.”
- Arkansas senior associate head coach Randy Shannon received a big pay bump to $400,000 annually.
- Watch the Tennessean's time lapse video as artist Michael Cooper paints over James Franklin's face on a mural near the Vanderbilt campus and replaces it with new Commodores coach Derek Mason.
- Former Texas A&M punter Shane Lechler has been picked for induction into Texas' high school football hall of fame.
- South Carolina's Kelcy Quarles is hoping to “blow people's minds” with an outstanding showing at the NFL combine.