SEC: Steve Ortmayer
July, 2, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Heading into the July 4 weekend, a few SEC links to munch on:
- Mark Bradley of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Georgia should send athletic director Damon Evans packing.
- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino and the Hogs continue to branch out with their recruiting.
- Kentucky is looking for a new special teams coach after announcing that Steve Ortmayer was no longer a part of the staff.
- Tommy Hicks of The Mobile Press-Register wonders what Georgia State is doing on Alabama's schedule in the first place.
- The SEC league office has confirmed that no SEC games will be moved this coming season to provide Alabama relief from having to face six conference teams coming off byes.
- Mississippi State is about 2,000 tickets ahead of the pace that resulted in record season-ticket sales last season for the Bulldogs (40,901), but Ole Miss probably won't match last season's record sales of 50,800.
- Evan Woodbery of The Mobile Press-Register breaks down what Auburn's 2010 roster will look like by class.