AP Photo/Tom Curley
Here's your moment of gratitude: If this moment would have been judged less harshly/more accurately, we might never be entertaining the following awesome quiz.You're welcome.
Group C of the World Cup is wide open after the United States' dramatic comeback win draw against Slovenia and Algeria's tie against England. The winner of today's USA-Algeria match (10 AM ET on ESPN) will most likely determine who'll advance to the knockout round of 16. And to put you in the right frame of mind, mentally and emotionally, we put together this handy True/False Algeria/USA quiz:1. Which nation features the biggest player on the sidelines?
2. Which country’s third-largest city (by population) shares its name with a popular contestant from American Idol?
3. Which country’s median age is 36.8 years?
4. Which team has never made it out of group play?
5. Which country is the second largest (by area) on its continent?
6. Adidas was the official supplier of the which team's uniforms for the 1994 World Cup?
7. Which team has four players on its roster who play in Germany's Bundesliga?
Answers are below the jump:
1. USA, Marcus Hahnemann (6'4", 227 lbs). He will also be the oldest.
2. Algeria (Constantine, 2003 est. pop. 530,100; Maroulis, Season 4)
3. USA (Algeria's is 27.1)
5. Trick Question! Both (Canada is largest on North America, Sudan largest on Africa)
7. Algeria (USA has three)