9A ET: Tiger Woods on the Course as FedExCup Begins, Don Fehr is Minding the NHLPA's Business, and Discover Discovers the Orange Bowl
August 26, 2010 9:00 AM ET
MAILING IT IN
The PGA TOUR's FedExCup begins with the Barclays. In fact, the Barclays began with Tiger Woods teeing off with the first group at 7:10 AM ET. Tiger has gone 11 events on the PGA TOUR without winning. Once upon a time, back from 2004-2005, he went 16 events between wins. Back then, Vijay Singh supplanted him as World No. 1. Phil Mickelson could do just that this week, if:
- he is third alone and Tiger is outside top 4.
- he is fourth alone and Tiger is outside top 8.
- he is fifth alone and Tiger is outside top 14.
- he is sixth alone and Tiger is outside top 21.
- he is seventh alone and Tiger is outside top 32.
- he is eighth alone and Tiger is outside top 52.
- he is ninth alone and Tiger is outside top 58 or misses cut.
- he is 10th alone and Tiger is outside top 58 or misses cut.
(Got it? Good.)
More of what's happening At This Hour, including how the Don has been pulled back in, and the changes at the Orange Bowl, after the jump.
NHL TO FEAR FEHR
According to Sports Business Daily, Don Fehr has agreed to become the Executive Director of the NHL Players Association. It's the same position he formerly held for the MLB Players Association. Fehr would still have to be confirmed by the entire board of player representatives.
DISCOVER DISCOVERS THE ORANGE BOWL
Discover Financial Services, the Orange Bowl Committee and ESPN have announced that an agreement has been reached for Discover to become the title sponsor for the 2011-2014 Orange Bowl Games and the 2013 BCS National Championship Game. The Orange Bowl Game will be known as the "Discover Orange Bowl" and the 2013 BCS National Championship game to be hosted by the Orange Bowl in South Florida will be named the "2013 Discover BCS National Championship Game." Under the partnership, Discover will be the official card of the Orange Bowl and the Bowl Championship Series.