Did you know: Stanford vs. Cal
November, 18, 2011
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
Some fun facts about Saturday's Stanford-Cal game.
- This is the 114th all-time meeting between the schools. California has dominated the series recently winning seven of the past nine meetings. However Stanford won last season’s meeting 48-14 as Stepfan Taylor rushed for three touchdowns.
- Stanford lost last week against Oregon stopping its school-record 17-game win streak. Over the past two seasons Stanford is 0-2 against Oregon, while going 21-0 against all other opponents, winning in dominating fashion.
- Andrew Luck has 74 career touchdown passes and continues to move up the school charts. He’s currently three behind John Elway’s record. Luck also needs three touchdown passes to tie the single-season passing touchdown record he set last season.
- Luck has now thrown an interception in three straight games, the longest streak of his collegiate career.
- California last defeated an opponent ranked in the AP Top 10 back in 2003 when the Golden Bears defeated No. 3 USC. However Cal has not defeated an AP Top-10 team on the road since 1969, when the Golden Bears knocked off 10th ranked Indiana.
- To pull off the upset California will need a big game from receiver Keenan Allen, who is second in the Pac-12 this season in receptions with 78 (behind Robert Woods, 92). Allen ranks ninth among all FBS players in receiving yardage with 1,103 yards this season.
- Stanford is 21-3 in its past 24 home contests dating back to the final home game of the 2007 season with losses coming against USC (2008), Cal (2009) and Oregon (2011).
- Stanford has scored 30 or more points in 13 consecutive games dating to last season and has scored 40 or more in nine of its past 15.
- Stanford's offense has had just nine three-and-out drives this season.
- Stanford has outscored its past 23 opponents 496-180 in the first half. The Cardinal have led or been tied at the half in 23 of the past 24 games.
- Stanford continues to be perfect in the red zone this season, converting on 57-of-57 attempts (45 touchdowns, 12 field goals) and ranks first nationally in red zone offense.
- Stanford has been ranked in the Top 10 of the AP poll for 19 straight weeks, marking the program's longest run as a Top 10 team.
Stanford Past Two Seasons
|Vs. Oregon||Vs. All Others|
|TDs of 40+ yards allowed||5||5|
CARDINALNATION RECRUITING NEWS
STANFORD FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Game Mascot T-Shirt
- Mike Bloomgren retweeted
- Bernard Muir retweeted
- Coach Mike Sanford retweeted
2014 Pac-12 STANDINGS
7:30 PM ET Idaho State Utah 10:00 PM ET Rutgers Washington State 10:30 PM ET Weber State Arizona State
9:00 PM ET Colorado State Colorado 10:30 PM ET UNLV Arizona
12:00 PM ET UCLA Virginia 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern 4:00 PM ET Portland State Oregon State 4:00 PM ET UC Davis Stanford 7:30 PM ET Fresno State USC 10:30 PM ET Washington Hawaii 10:30 PM ET South Dakota Oregon