Pac-12 players in the Super Bowl
In all, there were 16 active players on both rosters: 11 for the Seahawks and five for the Broncos. There are other Pac-12 players on the rosters or practice squads, but they were either injured, suspended or inactive for XLVIII.
The standout was former USC linebacker Malcolm Smith, who was named MVP for an inspired defensive performance. The Pac-12 had hit a bit of an MVP dry spell. After John Elway (Stanford) won the MVP in 1999, the league went more than a decade without having an MVP. Now it has two in the last four years after Aaron Rodgers (Cal) was MVP of XLV, and now it's Smith's turn.
Here’s a look at how the the Pac-12 alumni performed.
- Doug Baldwin, WR, Stanford: Started at wide receiver. Led the Seahawks with five catches for 66 yards, including a 10-yard touchdown. Also had an assisted tackle on special teams.
- Derrick Coleman, RB, UCLA: Recorded one tackle on special teams.
- Jermaine Kearse, WR, Washington: Caught four balls for 65 yards, including a 24-yard touchdown.
- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal: Started at running back. Carried 15 times for 39 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown.
- Brandon Mebane, DT, Cal: Posted three tackles, including a tackle for a loss.
- Zach Miller, TE, ASU: Started at tight end. Had one catch for 10 yards and recovered an onside kick.
- Mike Morgan, LB, USC: Appeared, but did not record any stats.
- Richard Sherman, CB, Stanford: Started at left cornerback. Posted three tackles (two solo) with one pass defended. Left game with an injury in the fourth quarter.
- Malcolm Smith, LB, USC: Crowned Super Bowl MVP. Returned an interception 69 yards for a touchdown and recovered a fumble to go along with 10 tackles (six solo) and a defended pass.
- Walter Thurmond, CB, Oregon: Started at cornerback. Posted three tackles (one solo).
- Max Unger, C, Oregon: Started at center.
- C.J. Anderson, RB, Cal: Two carries for 9 yards with a long of 6 yards.
- Zane Beadles, OL, Utah: Started at left guard. Recovered a Knowshon Moreno fumble.
- Omar Bolden, S, Arizona State: Appeared, but did not record any stats.
- Winston Justice, OT, USC: Active, but did not play.
- Brock Osweiler, QB, ASU: Active, but did not play.
Pac-12, Stanford Cardinal, Oregon Ducks, UCLA Bruins, USC Trojans, Derrick Coleman, Washington Huskies, Arizona State Sun Devils, California Bears, Brock Osweiler, Richard Sherman, Brandon Mebane, C.J. Anderson, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Malcolm Smith, Marshawn Lynch, Mike Morgan, Omar Bolden, Walter Thurmond, Winston Justice, Zach Miller, Zane Beadles
David Shaw Talks Stanford Signing Day
CARDINALNATION RECRUITING NEWS
STANFORD FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Game Mascot T-shirt
- Mike Eubanks retweeted
- David Shaw retweeted
- Stanford Daily Sport retweeted
- Kevin Hogan retweeted
- Bernard Muir retweeted
2014 Pac-12 STANDINGS
TBD Arkansas State USC TBD Colorado Hawaii TBD Eastern Washington Oregon TBD Washington Boise State TBD Portland State Washington State TBD Grambling State California TBD Stanford Northwestern TBD Virginia UCLA TBD Arizona State Texas A&M