Behind the play of their young quarterback, the final seven minutes of regulation have been “Tebow Time” for the Denver Broncos.
Highest Total QBR in 2011
Final 7 Minutes of 4th Qtr
Tim Tebow has helped lead the Broncos back from 4th-quarter deficits in each of their last four games. This season, he has thrown for more yards in the 4th quarter than the first three quarters combined, and his 96.3 Total QBR in the final seven minutes of the 4th quarter is the highest among NFL quarterbacks with at least 40 action plays.
But the Broncos success late in games hasn’t all been about Tebow. Below are nine other reasons why Denver has gone 7-1 over the last eight weeks.
All numbers below are from the final seven minutes of regulation since Week 7, the first game that Tebow started this season.
• 13.1 opponent Total QBR (2nd in NFL: Seahawks, 4.1)
• 0 rush TD and 0 20-yard rushes allowed
• 0 pass TD and 0 30-yard passes allowed
• 46.5 completion percentage allowed (6th in NFL) and 2 interceptions (T-6th in NFL)
Punter Britton Colquitt
• 2 punts downed inside the opponent’s 20-yard line (T-5th in NFL) since Week 7 with no touchbacks
• No punts blocked and no punt return TD allowed
• 41.3 net yards per punt (T-7th in NFL, min. 3 punts)
Kicker Matt Prater
• Made 4 of 5 FG attempts (T-most in NFL) including both attempts from at least 45 yards away (most in NFL)