Jim Rogash/Getty Images
Hold the celebration: Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski may have suffered an impactful injury
How significant would the potential loss of tight end Rob Gronkowski to a reported broken arm be for the New England Patriots?
Consider the following notes on Gronkowski’s value to the team.
• Gronkowski’s two touchdown on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts gave him 37 for his career, the third-most by any player in his first three seasons in NFL history. Only Randy Moss (43) and Jerry Rice (40) had more.
Gronkowski’s scores on Sunday extended his current streak of consecutive games with a touchdown to four.
• Grownkowski is the first tight end in NFL history to have at least 10 touchdown receptions in each of his first three NFL seasons.
End-Zone Receiving 2011-12
• Gronkowski is one of three players in Patriots history to have three consecutive seasons with at least 10 touchdowns scored. The other two are Corey Dillon (2004 to 2006) and Randy Moss (2007 to 2009).
• Tom Brady was 7-for-7 for 137 yards and two touchdowns when targeting Gronkowski in Sunday’s rout.
• Gronkowski caught his only end-zone target Sunday, his fourth straight game with a touchdown on a pass into the end zone.
• Brady is 5-for-7 targeting Gronkowski in the end zone in his last four games after starting the season 2-for-6 on those throws in New England’s first six games.