Here’s the best of our notes from his amazing game, with help throughout from the Elias Sports Bureau:
• Tucker has now made 33 straight field goal tries. That’s the longest current streak in the NFL.
• Tucker had at least one make from 20-something, 30-something, 40-something, 50-something and 60-something yards in this game. Tucker is the first player in history to kick field goals in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s in the same game.
• The game-winner set a team record both for record length and for the number of field goals made by a Ravens kicker in a game. Tucker already had a game in which he made five field goals this season. He’s the only kicker in the NFL with multiple games with at least five made in 2013.
Longest Go-Ahead FG
In Final Minute of 4th Quarter
• Tucker’s field goal was the second-longest in "Monday Night Football" history. Oakland Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski made a 63-yarder in 2011, which at the time tied the NFL record for longest field goal.
• This wasn’t the first time that the Lions lost a game on a late field goal of great distance. New Orleans Saints kicker Tom Dempsey beat them with a 63-yarder with no time remaining on Nov. 8, 1970. That kick still stands as the longest go-ahead field goal in the final minute of a game in NFL history.
• Lastly, Tucker mentioned that he hoped fantasy football owners appreciated the benefit of owning him on their teams. That was said for good reason. Tucker’s 150 fantasy points (in ESPN.com standard scoring) are now the most in the NFL for a kicker this season.
A multitude of mishaps
The Lions had a late lead, but missed out on many opportunities earlier in the game that could have given them a comfortable advantage.
The Lions have committed at least three turnovers in five straight games. The only team with a longer streak this season is the Giants (Week 1 -6)
The Lions had three dropped passes. Calvin Johnson had two of them, giving him a career-high nine for the season.
The Lions committed five defensive penalties. They’ve now committed 48 this season, tied for the most in the NFL.
The Lions gave up a 27-yard pass on a third-and-15 on the Ravens' final drive. Over the past 13 seasons, NFL teams have converted on only 10 percent of third-and-15 or longer situations.
But this would be a day in which longshots would pay off. Fans of Tucker know that.