Chris Paul (right) and Blake Griffin led the Clippers to an historic blowout of the Lakers.The Los Angeles Clippers defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, 142-94 on Thursday, a blowout of historic proportions. Let’s not waste any time breaking it down.
• It’s the largest win in Clippers franchise history and the largest loss in Lakers history.
• It’s the most points the Clippers have ever scored against the Lakers, and it’s the most points they’ve ever scored in a road game (it was in their home arena, but the Clippers were the road team).
• It’s the most points the Clippers scored since March 13, 1998, a 152-120 win against the Toronto Raptors.
Clippers Largest Wins
Since Moving to Los Angeles (1984-85)
• The Clippers’ four largest wins since moving to Los Angeles in 1984-85 have come this season, and two of them have been against the Lakers.
• The Clippers’ starters outscored the Lakers’ starters, 88-51, and none of them played in the fourth quarter (it was 88-39 through three quarters).
• The Clippers had three reserves score in double digits (not to mention all five starters), as many as the Lakers had altogether.
• The Clippers outscored the Lakers 44-13 in the second quarter and outrebounded the home team 22-5. Darren Collison outscored the Lakers by himself in that quarter, 14-13.
His 14 points in the quarter are more than he’s scored in 45 games this season.
• The Clippers have won six straight games, the longest active win streak in the NBA.