The Texas Rangers are 5-0 on the road this postseason. This, after going a combined 0-6 during the regular season in road games against the Tampa Bay Rays and New York Yankees. From the Elias Sports Bureau: the five consecutive road wins by the Rangers ties the third longest road win streak to start a postseason.
Rangers On The Road
at Rays and Yankees
• In the 36 innings played in the ALCS, the Yankees still have had just one inning where they scored more than one run (Game 1, five-run eighth inning).
• Hamilton now has twice as many HR in this series as he had hits in the division series against the Rays (two singles).
• Bengie Molina has 12 RBI in his postseason career against the Yankees, tied with Roy Campanella for the most by a catcher against the Yankees. Molina also has four HR against the Yankees, tied for the second most by a catcher against the Yankees in postseason history. (Jason Varitek has five.)
• Derek Holland pitched 3⅔ scoreless innings to get the win. He's the fifth pitcher to win, throwing at least three scoreless innings of relief against the Yankees in a postseason game, and the first since Tim Wakefield in Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS.
• The Yankees have allowed 30 runs in the first four games of the ALCS. The only other series in which the Yankees allowed more runs through the first four games was the 2002 ALDS against the Los Angeles Angels, when they allowed 31.
• If the Yankees are going to avoid elimination, they will have to do it on the six-year anniversary of losing Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS to the Boston Red Sox.
• From the Elias Sports Bureau: Eleven teams, out of 72, have won a best-of-seven series when trailing three games to one. However, if the Yankees are going be the 12th team, then they're going to have to do it by winning games six and seven on the road. The last two teams to do that were the 2004 Red Sox (ALCS against the Yankees) and the 2003 Florida Marlins (NLCS against the Chicago Cubs).
• More from the Elias Sports Bureau: This is the first time in Yankees postseason history that they've lost three straight postseason games, all by at least five runs.
• Mark Teixeira is 0-14 in the ALCS. If he's unable to return because of his hamstring injury, it would be the most at-bats without a hit in a postseason series by a Yankee. The current mark is held by Joe Collins, who went 0-for-12 in the 1952 World Series.