Friday, October 15, 2010
Lions' record road losing streak looming
ESPN NFL Research Coordinator Russell Baxter's Top Five Things to Know as heard this morning on Mike & Mike in the Morning .
• The Detroit Lions have lost 23 straight road games dating back to 2007. The NFL record for consecutive road losses is 24, set by the Lions from 2001 to 2003.
• The Baltimore Ravens have just three takeaways in five games this season, but have limited each of their opponents to 17 points or fewer.
• Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre has committed 10 turnovers (seven interceptions, three lost fumbles) in four games, after committing just nine turnovers in 16 regular-season games last season.
• After starting 1-12 in 2009, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are 5-2 in their last seven games dating to last season.
• Denver Broncos QB Kyle Orton has thrown for at least 300 yards in four of five games this season. (In 49 games from 2005 to 2009, Orton had just three games where he threw for at least 300 yards.)