Stats & Info: Antwaan Randle El
Let's take a look at some of the notes, stats and trends from the Pittsburgh Steelers' 27-21 win over the Cincinnati Bengals...
• The win makes the Steelers 6-2 at the halfway point of the season for the fourth straight season.
• Mike Tomlin is now 6-0 on Monday Night Football as the Steelers head coach. He's the sixth different head coach to win his first six Monday games.
• Hines Ward caught a pass for the 186th consecutive game. That is the third-longest streak in NFL history. However, he has quite a ways to go to catch the all-time leader. Jerry Rice caught a pass in 274 straight games from 1985 to 2004.
• The Steelers have now allowed 123 points this season. Incredibly, over half of them (63) have been in the fourth quarter. On Monday, 14 of the Bengals' 21 points came in the final frame.
• Terrell Owens had two TD receptions as he became the third player in NFL history with at least 150 career TD receptions. The others are Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.
• It's his 32nd career game with at least two TD receptions. Again, only Rice and Moss have more.
• It's also Owens' 51st career game with at least 100 receiving yards. That is the fourth-most in NFL history. Rice, Moss and Marvin Harrison are the three players in front of him in this category.
• Owens is the third player since the merger to post 10 receptions and a pair of receiving touchdowns against the Steelers. The others are Don Beebe and Ben Coates.
• Antwaan Randle El threw his fifth career TD pass to Mike Wallace. Wallace caught two passes of at least 35 yards and now has caught seven such balls this season. That is tied with Brandon Lloyd for the NFL lead.
• The Steelers led 27-7 in the fourth quarter, yet almost lost the game. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last team to lose a game in which they had a 20-point lead in the fourth quarter was the New York Giants on November 26, 2006. That day they lost to the Tennessee Titans after leading 21-0 in the fourth.
BACK TO TOP